Law no. 196/2003 - Personal data protection code
A data subject shall have the right to obtain:
- confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- the source of the personal data; of the purposes and methods of the processing; of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means; of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated; of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
- a) updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data;
- b) erasure, anonymisation or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
- c) certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
- A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
The above rights may be exercised by making a request to the data controller or processor without formalities, also by the agency of a person in charge of the processing. A suitable response shall be provided to said request without delay.
The request may also be transmitted by registered mail, telefax or email.
The informative report as in ex Art. 13 of Legislative Law no. 196/2003 is part of the general conditions of sale.